Password reset

Unanswered Question
Feb 13th, 2007

Hi,

I want to reset the password of all my routers, no metter to do this in telnet but i don't know the command line.

I want to reset tlenet session password and enable password.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
spremkumar Tue, 02/13/2007 - 22:03

Hi

Are you having the existing passwords of these routers ?

regds

velfirarc Wed, 02/14/2007 - 02:46

Yes i know all the password but they are all differents an quiet bizarre. So i want to have a true password policy for all my networks elements.

Thanks

pmccubbin Wed, 02/14/2007 - 05:11

If you want a true password policy for all your network elements you might look at an Access Control Server. Since you are already committed to using telnet to access all your routers to change your passwords this might be the perfect time to consider TACACS+. Please read the following for an idea of what I am talking about.

"The Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS) Solution Engine is a highly scalable, 1-rack unit dedicated platform that serves as a high-performance access control server supporting centralized RADIUS or TACACS+. The Cisco Secure ACS Solution Engine provides a centralized identity networking solution and simplified user management experience across all Cisco devices and security management applications. The solution engine helps to ensure enforcement of assigned policies by allowing network administrators to control:

* Who can log into the network

* The privileges each user has

* Security audit or account billing information

* Access and command controls for each configuration's administrator."

Hope this helps.

velfirarc Wed, 02/14/2007 - 05:28

Might be interesting, hope that it's a standard authentification networking solution because we have cisco products and Dell products.

Anyway for the moment i'm just looking for the correct way to modify my passwords. But i will investigate the idea you gave me.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion