Helpful
Replies

Downgrade IP Phone 7941 to version 5.x and/or change SIP configuration opti

davidm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I would like to downgrade Cisco IP Phone model 7941 to SCCP version 5.x

Is it possible? If it does how can I do it?

While the Phone is running SIP version SIP41.8-0-3S the entire SIP configuration option cannot be edited.

Can I change the SIP configuration option? For example changing the SIP Proxy address (CCME 4.1)

Thanks in advance

David

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

The configs are in a tftp file,observe "show telephony-service tftp-bindings". Thisyou can copy and edit for your purposes when the phone is used in a different way.

For SCCP, I suggest you downgrade to no earlier than 7.x (x = latest). W/ CCME you just set the load and the phone should get the new image.

Hi,

The show command is on the CCME! What do i do if i have 7941 IP phone that running SIP version and register to CCM 5.0 and i would like to change the SIP configuration to work with CCME 4.1? Is it possible?

Thanks

David

Hi David,

you just connect the phone to CME, it will download the config via tftp as I said before. If it doesn't, try menu, **#** to reset config to default.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: