Views
Helpful
Replies

No message waiting lamp on IP phones on new message

b.vanderkolk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Environment: CCM Cluster v4.1 with unity 4.0.

When a user receives a voicemail the message waiting lamp does not show this to the user. On the (line of the) IP phone the Message Waiting Lamp Policy is configured as 'Use system policy' and under Service Parameters is the Message Waiting Lamp Policy set on 'Primary Line - Light and Prompt'. I've already restarted Unity and all voicemail ports are up 'n running. By dialing the unity extension the system says there are new messages for the user so whats going wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tat is not necessary, u need to make sure that the CSS assigned to the MWI DN had the Paritions assigned to the phones

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

there could be a lot of reasons as to why MWI is not working. The most common one could be the MWI On/Off number is not set to be the same on Unity and CallManager. Check the DNs assigned to both.

Once u have confirmed this, u can use Port Status Monitor on Unity to check if Unity is trying to ligh MWI for the extension which has recieved a new msg, if u see Unity try to light MWI but the phones dont light, then could be a mis-config on CM, where the On/Off number dont match or the CSS assigned to the MWI Ports dont have access to the Partition assigned to the IP Phones

I've checked, there's no Message Waiting number configured in the callmanager. It was before but i think it was mistakenly deleted.

How can i add a new one and how do i configure this new extension in our unity system?

u can use the same number u were earlier. Only consideration to be kept in mind is that when u are adding a On/Off number it has to match with the one in UNity. To check the On/Off number on Unity you can use Telephony Integration manager under integration tools in Unity Tools Depot.

On CallManager, Feature ---> VoiceMail ---> Message Waiting.

Thanks. I found the earlier used numbers in Unity under System, Integration.

Do i have to add the MWI DN to the same partition as the voicemail ports?

Tat is not necessary, u need to make sure that the CSS assigned to the MWI DN had the Paritions assigned to the phones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: