CCNP preparation

Answered Question
Feb 13th, 2007

Hello,

I'm at the point of preparing my CCNP, and I'm looking for the better preparation tool that I can use.

I have the New Cisco Edition courses, but about the exams? which tool is the best to prepare with? I have the pass4sure simulator, is it interresting? of the testking is better??

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by gregoryjones1 about 9 years 7 months ago

How's it going Omar? I suggest using a great pool of test questions at http://www.how2pass.com. I used them for the first time while preparing for the ICND exam towards my CCNA cert, and got a 902 on the exam. Check 'em out. I think you'll be pleased. They're in the process of developing the pools for the new CCNP curriculum, however, questions are available for the 642-901 (BSCI) and 642-812 (BCMSN) exams. Hope this helps.

Overall Rating: 3.5 (2 ratings)
sgregg Tue, 02/13/2007 - 10:02

We are using the two Cisco press books for BSCI and BCMSN and getting ready to take the composite. We are also using the transcender test for BSCI and since they dont have BCMSN or Composite yet we got Test Kings composite. Also we are using online lab time using racks of cisco equipment to do all the lab work in the books and more complex labs that we ourselves have created.

The books are both written pretty well, I think much better than the last switching and routing books. The transcender is great because it has direct links to documentation to further provide knowledge on questions that you miss. They dont all have links but many do. Test king has many answers that they do not explain or reference. Test king composite does have a bunch of questions though, around 600 or 700. Another good site if you are on a budget is actualtests.com but they dont have any of the new curriculum for CCNP yet.

Already it is getting harder for me to get lab time on the site I like to go to so I would say just search the net for online racks rented by the hour. Use the lab config they have in the book, it takes 6 routers and a small frame cloud and is capable of practicing everything you need for routing. Try to make sure you have layer 3 witches in your lab and maybe even a layer 2 switch connected to a router w/ fast ethernet.

As for ONT and ISCW we are looking for a good QOS book to read and we have some CBT nuggets which are of minimal assistance but can help sometimes in my opinion. We will also use the Cisco press study guide and transcender.

Not sure for ISCW yet, open to suggestions as well.

-s

omar.elmohri Sun, 02/18/2007 - 07:37

Well!!

As you are using the TestKing, I'm using the Pass4Sure, and we can share them if you want. so we can be well prepared for the exams.

I have three of the pass4sure exam simulators

regards,

Omar

Correct Answer
gregoryjones1 Mon, 02/19/2007 - 17:36

How's it going Omar? I suggest using a great pool of test questions at http://www.how2pass.com. I used them for the first time while preparing for the ICND exam towards my CCNA cert, and got a 902 on the exam. Check 'em out. I think you'll be pleased. They're in the process of developing the pools for the new CCNP curriculum, however, questions are available for the 642-901 (BSCI) and 642-812 (BCMSN) exams. Hope this helps.

omar.elmohri Tue, 02/20/2007 - 07:49

It's OK! I don't know how it's important, but I prepared the CCNA with the testking and I got 966 on the INTRO and 967 on ICND.

and about the CCNP I'm looking also for the testking, because I have the pass4sure, but I'm not so sure that it's the right material to prepare that.

gregoryjones1 Tue, 02/20/2007 - 09:21

I see. One thing I'll say is that there's not just one GOOD tool out there that will adequately prepare us for certification. It takes a combination of at least 2-3 good resources (in my opinion). If you feel comfortable with what you're using, then I say, "stick with it." If not, however, then I definitely confide in Cisco Press Texts, and a great pool of test questions through http://www.how2pass.com, as earlier mentioned. Best Wishes to you...

omar.elmohri Wed, 02/21/2007 - 02:52

All is OK! I'm using now the Cisco Press. and I'm just looking for some exam simulators.

good luck for all us in certifications and also in professional life.

Regards,

Omar,

Actions

This Discussion