cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone services CallManager 5.1

mreilly
Level 1
Level 1

Has the url for "Fast Dials" and "My address book" changed in callmanager 5.1? When I select fast dials it returns the error "Http error 404". I have verified that the configuration settings are correct in ccmadmin and ccmuser. I am using the url from 4.x.

9 Replies 9

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You dont need the fast dial urls ay more. You can access this via personal directory that shows up as Option 4 when you hit the directory button on the phone. YOu will be asked to authenticate using username and pin. Once you log in you can access PAB and fast dials.

If you still want to use the URL, setup the IP phone service as follows.

http:///ccmpd

You will be forced to authenticate using username and pin.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

When using that url, I'm getting to the page which asks for the PAB or Fast Dials or Logout. If I hit Fast Dials, I get "Your session has time out, please login again".

Have you seen this before? Thx!

Can you try browsing to the url on a web browser ? Do you see xml output in your browser ? I am able to. and when i use this url on the phone, it asks me for username and pin.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks for your response...

Yes I can pull it up on a browser. I get the xml code listing the three options.

When I use it from phone, I keep getting that error regarding my session timing out, and to login again.

For Fast Dials, are the user ID and pin parameters still valid?

Yes they should be valid.

I will re-test this again today if possible and let you know.

I think Cisco is phasing out the URL method of accesing PAB and fast dials. Thats why you see the Personal directory option (4) when you hit the directory button

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Cisco has phased out the URL Method.

Instead of pressing one button to get to your fast dials now you get to press 4.

Directores, 4, login password, then choose either fast dials or address book. I'm amazed that Cisco considers this "easier" to use than 4.x fast dials.

Mike

Mike,

I agree, not sure why Cisco would call this "Fast dial" when its not so fast...the very reason that you have to login using username and pin itself prevents\ end-users from using this feature.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Hi,

can you please help me to get url for DND service and from where i can get list of all available URL's for adding any service.

Thanks

DND key works only with IPMA if using callmanager. You can add this to a custom softkeytemplate and apply the softkey template to the desired phones.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: