Views
Helpful
Replies

VTY Lines Stuck!

colin.armentor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have an interesting problem. I have a 6513 and for some reason there are 2 VTY sessions that will not clear. They have been there for 4 days now. I have tried clear line vty # and clear vty #. After the command it says to confirm, I press enter and get a OK response back. Do a sh user and the sessions are still there. A reload would probably do the ticket, but I want to do that as a last resort. Anyone else got any ideas? Here is the text from the box:

1 vty 0 XXXX idle 4d06h x.x.x.x

2 vty 1 XXXX idle 4d06h x.x.x.x

Thanks for the help!

3 Replies 3

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

have you tried to reconfigure them? Just lines 1 and 2 of course. I would try changing idle timeouts at first and maybe try some other settings if this does not work.

Good luck!

Regards, Martin

CCampbell_2
Level 1
Level 1

I see your from DISA. We're in a DOD environment and the scans our security teams ran activated a bug (can't find the id now) that resulted in hung vtys. May want to upgrade.

CCampbell,

Thanks for the info. I am just going to reload the device tonight. I am pretty confident that'll clear it up.

Thanks!

Colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card