Views
Helpful
Replies

CNR and DNS issue

craig.eyre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are currently using CNR 6.1.1.1(redundant setup) and some of our clients are getting IP addresses and all the DNS information. The only thing is that they cannot connect to the internet through a web browser or anything that requires a DNS feature. Most can connect to IM stuff, but IE and Firefox won't connect. We have figured out that if we Disable the IP address they have and let the user get a new IP address, they can connect. We've seen this issue 3 or 4 times in the last 2 days, from the same VLAN.

Any ideas? If you need more info, let me know.

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

In the local cluster CLI, use dns flushCache.The Network Registrar cache flushing function lets you stop the disk cache file from growing. However, the actual behavior depends on whether the DNS server is running or stopped. If you flush the cache:

While the server is running, Network Registrar clears all expendable entries from the cache database file. Flushing the cache does not shrink the file because of the nature of the database, but does create free space in it. Because the memory cache is unaffected by this operation, recently used cache entries are not lost, and performance is not significantly affected.

With the server stopped, Network Registrar interprets the request to flush all entries and removes the cache file. It then reinitializes the database when you restart the server

Thanks for the reply.

I'm a contractor under the company looking after this network, so I have some limited access to certain things on the network. The company said this is what they did to resolve the issue:

"The network is working fine, but we re-mapped the DNS to make sure"

I'm not exactly sure what they mean by this. Did they remap it within the CNR server or on another area?

Thanks for your help, but the problem seems to be fixed with whatever they did on their end.

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: