Calling Search Spaces and MWI lights for phones with and w/out partitions

Unanswered Question
Feb 13th, 2007

I am having an issue where most of my phones 200+ have been setup without being in a partition. Everything was fine until I started setting up a couple partitions for some of my users and Message Waiting Indicator MWI lights only seem to work for either the phones in partitions or phones not in partitions but not both at once.

1. If I don't put my voicemail ports in a calling search space the phones without a calling search space and partition have their MWI lights work without issue, but all the MWI lights for the phones in partitions don't work at all.

2. If I put my voicemail ports in a calling search space the MWI lights for the phones setup in that calling search space work fine, but none of the other MWI lights for phones without a partition or CSS work at all.

I really would prefer not to have to change 200+ phones to partitions. When I setup my first partition all was well but after the second one this problem started. Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
thisisshanky Tue, 02/13/2007 - 16:56

Do you have overlapping DNs on the phones without partitions with the phones with partition ?

NPT_2 Tue, 02/13/2007 - 19:57

No all the DNs are unique for the phones whether or not they are in partitions. There are no overlaps.

Actions

This Discussion