Helpful
Replies

ACS configuration/database consolidation

rlourenco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two ACS servers.

One is version 2.4 and the other is version 3.0.2.

My wish is to install a third server with ACS 4.0 that will replace the other two.

I planned the following steps:

1- upgrade versions 2.4 (srv1) and 3.0.2 (srv2) for 3.0.4;

2- Export using CSUtil tool the configuration data from both servers;

3- Manually consolidate all the data;

4- Install new server with version 3.0.4;

5- Import using CSUtil the consolidated data to the new server;

6- Upgrade the new server to version 4.0 following recommended upgrade path.

Any comments on these steps?

Is there any specia mechanism/tool to consolidate configuration from two distinct ACS servers?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ricardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ricardo,

We cannot export devices with csutil. What we can do is search for devices on GUI and download a csv file of the search result.

Dbsync does not sync database between ACS Servers. Dbsync uses a csv file to add devices/users in bulk. So if we can create a csv file of users and devices we can import them into ACS. More about dbsync at :-

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/acs33/user/sad.htm#wp756877

Regards,

Vivek

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Vivek Santuka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ricardo,

There is no way to consolidate configuration from two databases. Will have to be done manually. At best we can use csutil or dbsync to add users and devices.

Regards

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for your reply.

With CSUtil we can export and import users and groups. Can we use it for devices? From what I understood from the documentation it seems that we can't.

Regarding, dbsync it seems that we can use it for replication but not consolidation because when we synchronize databases between two servers the server being synchronized loses its own database contents.

Is the above correct?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo,

We cannot export devices with csutil. What we can do is search for devices on GUI and download a csv file of the search result.

Dbsync does not sync database between ACS Servers. Dbsync uses a csv file to add devices/users in bulk. So if we can create a csv file of users and devices we can import them into ACS. More about dbsync at :-

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/acs33/user/sad.htm#wp756877

Regards,

Vivek

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for this great help.

I have one last doubt regarding .CSV files for user, groups or devices, which is the format the information should be placed in these files.

Do you know of any URL where I could find additional detail?

Regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo,

The following link has the proper definations and examples :-

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/acs33/user/ag.htm#

Regards,

Vivek

I did found it.

Great Help Vivek!

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ricardo