Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Cold Standby

c.downie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got an question about ACE modules in HA, when one of the switch is reloaded a couple of the ACE contexts come up in cold standby. I've check the config in the contexts to confirm that they match and the same ft interface is used by all contexts. When I do a switchover them come up in hot standby, has anybody seen this before ? I've looked at a couple of bugs in the standby area but can't see one to match.

After reload.

FT Group : 3

Configured Status : in-service

Maintenance mode : MAINT_MODE_OFF

My State : FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE

Peer State : FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_COLD

Peer Id : 1

No. of Contexts : 1

After switchover.

FT Group : 3

Configured Status : in-service

Maintenance mode : MAINT_MODE_OFF

My State : FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE

My Config Priority : 100

My Net Priority : 100

My Preempt : Disabled

Peer State : FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT

Peer Config Priority : 200

Peer Net Priority : 200

Peer Preempt : Enabled

Peer Id : 1

The software version is 3.0(0)A1(4

5 Replies 5

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

do you have any files like script probes or ssl certificates/keys being used in the config ?

The files are not synchronized between the 2 ACE module, so if you copy a file on the active and use it, the standby will not accept the config if you do not upload the same file first.

Also, if you copy the file on the standby after changing the config, the ACE will stop auto-synch.

if this is not the case and you can reproduce the problem, you should open a service request with the TAC so that troubleshooting can be done.

Gilles.

Giles, I've only a basic config on the context that's I'm faulting. No SSL certs/keys or script files but I'll double check. I've seen it a couple of times in testing so I should be able to reproduce it.

Thanks,

Charlie.

Giles,

Look's like it was the banner, it was copied from an existing running config before being copied across to the second module using copy runn start.

I suspect it must contain some special character on the first module, that didn't show up when doing a diff between the contexts.

cbock
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar issue, I had been working on an ssl config and did not have the keys/certs on both modules. Now I have all of the ssl configuration removed, removed the keys/certs, and it is still stuck in FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_COLD

We have compared configs, and even erased the offending context configuration and reloaded standby module -- same thing.

Version 3.0(0)A1(5a)

After working with TAC , it looks like my configuration stopped synching from an probe that was configured with bad syntax. Apparently the original version of the ACE code did not care, and now it did. We found this from looking

at the output of a sh tech and looking for errors with cfgmgr. You could see the sync failing and what part of the config it was having problems with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: