cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5) Integration with 3rd Party Fax Server - XMedius

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Currently I'm testing the XMedius Fax Solution and is working great in a CCM environment running 4.2(3) and MGCP Gateways with T.38 support.

XMedius is also integrated with the same Exchange and AD as Unity UM is and I can received faxes in my inbox (same inbox where I received voicemails from Unity). On Unity I configured the 3rd Party Fax tool with XMedius 3.0 even though I'm running XMedius 4.2(0.141) as of right now.

Also I enable the fax on the class of service for the users but when accessing unity it doesn't tell me that I have a new fax in my inbox.

Also what else can Unity do with a 3rd Party Fax Integration?

Thanks in advanced,

-J

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm guessing the fax message class being used by the newer version does not match - you can check the training video out on the 3rd party fax tool page and it shows how to check for the message class using Outlook - you can then adjust the value so Unity can filter on that message type for fax.

Unity can pick out faxes in your inbox as well as send faxes out from over the phone interface and render emails with many attachment types for faxing purposes as well.

3rd party fax tool page (with training video link) is here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_ThirdPartyFaxConfig.htm

lindborg,

Thanks for the information. I already check the message class on my outlook client for a fax mail received by XMedius and it is showing the same value set on Unity for the message type. It is exactly the same. Is there any log or something else I can check to verify why Unity is not filtering on that particular message type?

Thanks in advanced,

-J

I'm assuming you turned fax on in the COS for the user you're calling in as? On the features page in the Class of Service you need to make sure the "Faxmail" option is checked - by default it's not since this requires special setup.

You're right lindborg I enable the FAXMail option in the Class Of Service webpage on Unity for that particular user. Then I send a fax to the user that Xmedius will accept and send an email to the user with the proper message class and with the tiff attachment. When the fax (i.e. email message) arrives... unity doesn't report that. Do I need to have the FAX ID populated on the Unity Web page? Right now that is empty.

If I open my email client then I received the email message without problems. Don't know why unity is not reporting that fax on the user TOI. I rebooted the unity server but the problem persist.

-J

No need for the FaxId to be filled in - that just writes into AD's fax number field which some 3rd party fax servers can use to route inbound faxes to the appropriate mailbox. Since it sounds like the faxes are already getting to the appropriate mailbox then this is not an issue.

Well, if the mail with TIF attachment is getting into the mailbox and has the message class you have configured in the 3rd party fax server, fax is active in the COS for users, then I'm not sure what else to suggest. This all works smooth as silk on my test servers here with multiple fax message classes. The vast majority of the time such cases come in, the message class does not match property and the filter is not picking them up. If that's not the case then the best I can suggest is to open a TAC case and have someone look at why the mailbox filter is not picking up the fax entries when you call in to check mail.

bhatok
Level 1
Level 1

J,

Can you share your MGCP config that is integrated with Xmedius? When I enter "mgcp package-capability fxr-package" into my config and reset the gateway, it automatically disables it with a "no mgcp package-capability fxr-package".

Could this be due to the mgcp profile default commmand?

Thanks,

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: