cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM and command authorization

holepunch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I hope I can relay this problem clearly, as it is confusing me!

I have a command authorization set on my ACS that allows my junior admins to login to a pix through ASDM. One command in this set is "write net" which seems necessary in order for ASDM to get and display the configuration from the pix. I don't want my junior admins to have access to this command, but, if I remove it from the command authorization set, ASDM will not startup upon a junior admin logging in. I check my failed attempts log and see that the write net command is unrecognized after this command is removed.

Why is the write net command issued upon login for authentication? Why does ASDM need this command? Is there a way around this.

6 Replies 6

Vivek Santuka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is a known bug in PIX running 7.0.4 and earlier.

You will need to permit write net in the shell command set or upgrade to 7.1 or above.

Regards,

Vivek

Thank you! I really didn't want to allow that command to my junior people.

Ah, just check and my pix is running 7.2.2 and asdm is at 5.2.2. should I try 7.2.2(10) interim release?

Thanks,

glen

Hi Glen, did you manage to find a cure for this problem? I have the exact same issue running 5.2.2 and 7.2.1.

Thanks

Neil

Actually, no. I have not done any further testing on this either. Maybe a revision will fix this issue.

Glen

chirag3737
Level 1
Level 1

hi i want to know what is current status to use ADSM in Pix firewall

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: