cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What would you do?

dcantele1
Level 1
Level 1

I have connected a Cisco VPN 3030 to our network. I assigned the IP Address to each interface and set a static route which is showing as the public interface. I am not able to ping any interface and I can't run a ping from the concentrator to anything. I see my default gateway is set to the same subnet as my public interface is set to. Shouldn't that be the private? (See edited example attached). Thanks for your help.

5 Replies 5

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The IP addresses and the default gateway look fine. It could be related to the filters on the interfaces. Please check if the filters permit ICMP. Where are you pinging from? Private network or Internet?

Regards,

Kamal

Hi Kamal,

I am pinging from the network (inside) which this concentrator is connected too. Although the interfaces show UP as I said I can not ping out or ping to the concentrator.

Thanks for your reply -

Dan

Kamal,

I did not change any of the default filters for any of the interface except the External interface. I applied "none" as we would use it for internal management control.

Thought you should know -

Dan

Hi Dan,

Please configure the 'Private' filter on the private interface. See if that makes a difference.

HTH,

Kamal

Kamal,

I can not see any ARP from the devise, so I am wondering is there something that I need to enable on the interfaces themselves? I changed all the vlans to the same just to see if I can detect any ARP message, but no luck.

Thanks for the replies - Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: