How to add prefix

Unanswered Question
Feb 14th, 2007

Hi,

When I receive a direct call to my DN the call shows under the Missed Calls or Received Calls with the 9 prefix.

Now, when the call is received by another peer, attendant console or the caller dial my extension from the main greeting (which is handle by Unity) the prefix do not appear; therefore, I can't dial back using the Dial softkey option but instead I have to write down the number and dial out.

Has anyone experienced this issue? If so, could you tell me how to resolve it?

Thanks in advanced.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Brandon Buffin Wed, 02/14/2007 - 13:22

If this is accomplished with a translation pattern as described in the following link, it's possible that calls to the attendant console or Unity are not hitting the translation patter. Make sure that there is a pattern in place for these numbers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

MikeTomasko Wed, 02/14/2007 - 17:31

You can also hit the EditDial key and just add the 9 rather than writing the number down.

rafaelgarcia Thu, 02/15/2007 - 08:50

Hi,

I would like to thank you for your feedback.

Mike, I am aware of that workaround but I would like to know the behind the scenes configuration.

Bbuffin, That link won't apply to my system. As i said before, when the caller dial a Directory Number their number (the caller) shows up with the prefix 9. This problem is only when the call is transferred from an internal extension.

If I do what the document says then the person that can be reached directly from the outside will see the caller's number with two 9s instead of one; therefore, they won't be able to call out using that number.

pls correct me if I am wrong.

Brandon Buffin Thu, 02/15/2007 - 09:00

I posted the link to ask if that was the way you currently have it setup to work with calls directly to your DN. You mentioned in your post that this scenario works properly. Is the procedure in the link the way you have this setup?

Brandon

MikeTomasko Thu, 02/15/2007 - 09:00

You could always do a 2nd translation pattern to strip off the extra 9 for outgoing calls. If I understand your issue correctly.

rafaelgarcia Thu, 02/15/2007 - 09:13

Hi,

No, the procedure in the link is not the way my system is setup.

I have checked Unity (using Call Viewer) and I can see that the number shows up with the 9. Somewhere when transferring from Unity to CallManager or ext to ext the 9 gets discarded.

I was thinking about doing a call trace troubleshooting after hours to see if I can determine what is happening.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion