cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM importing the wrong phone number from AD

mike85719
Level 1
Level 1

I just integrated my Call Manager with AD. It is working however the number listed on the CCM user page is the full 10 digit number instead of the 4 digit extension number. Unfortunately due to other dependencies I can not change that particular field in AD that CCM is looking at. How do make CCM look at a differant field in AD for the extension number?

Does anyone know what the "User Search Attribute" field is used for? You are prompted to populate that field during the installation of the AD plug-in. The default value is: "sAMAccountName" The documentation is a little vague. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Mike,

CCM uses the "telephonenumber" attribute. I believe this cannot be changed.

I can think in:

If you use AD with your Callmanager the Corporate Directory will user that number what you set in the "Phone number" field.

The only one way to solve your problem if you configure a Translation Pattern on the

Callmanager.

Translation Pattern 408902.XXXX

Please make sure the correct CSS

Discard Digit: PreDot

The User Search Attribute is used for CCM when doing LDAP queries to find out certain users during Directory searchs via Corporate Directory in IP Phone, EM, PAB, CCMAdmin page, etc. Its similar to "userid"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/adschema/adschema/a_samaccountname.asp

I'll try the translation patterns. Great idea!

I guess I still don't understand how the Search Attribute works. If in most cases it should remain as default (sAMAccountName) then I think I'll be ok since I didn't chnage it.

jguay
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem on a project. I solved it by creating a new ldap directory entry (deleted the old one) and changed the mapping for "Phone Number" to "ipPhone" instead of "telephoneNumber" (luckly it's one of three fields that can be remapped). My customer was using the "telephoneNumber" field for fax headers and we could not change it either (it contained 10digits + extension number).

Now he populates the IPPhone field in ActiveDirectory with the internal extension and everything works fine.

I think this is simpler than using patterns.

CCM 5.1

AD 2000

Presence 1.0.3

CUPC 1.1.3

Note: this remapping needs also to be done in Presence server if you use it.

We had a similar issue but used the translation pattern to remove the digits. unfortunately we are cross this bridge again with attendant console. It will not show the status of the phones unless the telephonenumber field is 4 digits. I've done some digging and there is an AC.jar file that builds the corporatedirectory.txt file. I had one of our program guys up the jar file and we can see the getvalue string that grabs the telephonenumber field.

Has anyone tried to recompile the jar file to grab another field in AD such as ipPhone?

CCM 4.2(3)

AD 2000

Where is this field mapping done? Is it possible in 4.2?

Unfortunately no. UCM 5.x+. The newer integration is much cleaner than the old 3.x, 4.x integration.

Thanks,

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: