cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vrf

korbenda11as
Level 1
Level 1

hi all, i want to know basic commands/configuration needed in implementing vrf to the attached drawing. I want that traffic over MPLS can traverse any-to-any point. What should I consider. Anyone, who can give me a real configurations for this diagram

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

You can use this link as a start (basic knowledge):

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hmp_c/part05/index.htm

Can you please verify your topology a little bit more. PE, P, CE, MP-BGP, IGP and more details in order to make it easy to go.

HTH,

Mohammed.

Thanks,

I attached the modified version of the diagram. What I want to know exactly is how to do configurations applying QoS and VRF in an MPLS network with any-to-any connectivity setup.

Hi there,

What you are asking for can't be answered in a single post, but lets put the guidelines to start with, you'll need:

1.IGP within the provider cloud between all the Ps and PEs (you can choose from EIGRP, OSPF and ISIS).

2.MP-BGP between the PE routers (you should have full mesh MP-BGP or use Route Reflectors).

3.Each customer CE router shall have a subinterface on the PE router attached to the customer VRF (In the simplest form each customer should have a VRF (configured on each PE the customer is attached to) with a unique Route-target (per AS) and Route Distinguisher(per PE)).

4.As for QoS you can start with Edge QoS, between the PE and the CE. (CE: Classification and Marking, LLQ, WRED, shaping and LFI), PE (Policing, LLQ, WRED and LFI).

You'll have to use the link i've provided in order to be able to do this configuration, and please don't hesitate for further inquiries.

HTH, please rate if it does,

Mohammed.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card