cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Outlook contact list to dial on a cisco phone

jfarrer
Level 1
Level 1

We have just implemented CCM 4.2 and Unity Connections. We would like to be able to dial a contact in the Outlook address book using a Cisco phone by sending the number directly to the phone from Outlook. Our Cisco Rep wasn't really able to provide us with the answer, other than it would require a 3rd party app or possibly CUPS or Unified Personal Communicator. Has anyone had any luck with this type of application?

Thanks,

Jack

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jack,

You can dial from Outlook using the TSP. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.burg-halle.de/uploads/media/Outlook-Cisco-Integration.pdf

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

We purchased the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator with the Presence Server, this doesn't integrate with Outlook at all (like I thought it would.) I wouldn't suggest the TSP plug-in, it doesn't work very well and it isn't supported by TAC if anything goes wrong. I have been looking at the product they have listed called Cisco Unified CallConnector for Microsoft Office, but currently it is only available for CallManager Express.

Personal communicator/Presence server was one of the options I looked at to accomplish this task, but from what I found, it only works with CCM 5.0. We did get some info from our local Cisco Rep who recommended the TSP and forwarded us a link to a newer document. He did advise that TAC would not support this application, but would continue to support the rest of CCM. I imagine that a full-blown Unity server would do the trick, but what we have now is what they are moving forward with. They sure could make things easier.

Thanks,

Jack

We also have a full blown unity server, but this just integrates e-mail, doesn't seem to include any features to dial from outlook. I have gotten some info that there is a plan to tie the unified communicator client / presence into unity, include chat, and dial from outlook capability. I would hope they would do something similar to the call connector which has a toolbar built into Outlook and IE.

We got it to work here at my office regardless of Office version (2003 & 2007). The problem exists with the TSP version. Any version you find will not work.

What we did was download & install the IP Communicator (v2.0.2). Once installed and configured with correct dialing rules (emulate your CallManager Dialing Plan / Local for 10-digit dialing), place the call from Outlook and it works.

Good luck!

Hi

Under dialing options in Outlook what did you select as the lines? Did you need to configure users information in Call Manager like Enable CTI application use?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: