Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1n compatibility

dmitri_vilesov
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo!

Does anyone know - how can i make my access points (for example 1200 series) work with 802.1n? Will it be enough to just install new software on the old AP or i need to change hardware(for example chage all my AP to newer, which support 802.1n)?

I have this question, because i have recently realized, that new 802.1n standard will be intorduced soon.

Thnx in advance!

6 Replies 6

dmitri_vilesov
Level 1
Level 1

I mean, that my AP will work using exactly 802.11n.

Hello,

You will need a new AP to support 802.11n (no HW upgrade possible on the 1200). Be carefull because all "802.11n" products available today are not yet standard. The 802.11n standard will not be ratified before the end of this year. I recommand you to wait or purchase modular AP where the radio module can be changed.

Rgds

Well, the .11n products available currently are not made according to the final spec. But the hardware will be compatible with the final .11n draft, you just need to upgrade the firmware when it is made available.

segopala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi ,

11 n support would be available in 4.1 release; and you need new AP series 1250 with 11n radio; AP 1200 is not supported not 11n

Hope this answers your question

Regards

Seema

Great!!!!

But when this new product will be announced by Cisco, because I reached the entire Cisco web page and I have no founded this product...

So, I reched throght http://www.wi-fi.org/ and there is only one American product from Linksys.

Seema,

I've been told that the 1250 will support .11n in the 5Ghz band, where more channels exist for the increased 40Mhz wideband support. Can you confirm?

Regards,

Bruce Johnson

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card