Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Date & Time

hannyong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone knows if the IP Communicator date and time settings are following CCM(4.13) or the user PC? Also, where do I start troubleshooting if the date and time setting on the IP Communicator is not synchronized with CCM?

Thanks

Hann Yong

7 Replies 7

Dennis Fogler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IP Communicator uses the device pool setting from Call Manager to derives its time & date, not the PC. Check the device pool settings first.

If the device pool settings are correct, check the version of IP Communicator that you are running. If you are using v1.1 then you are probably running into known bug.

Check your Call Manager to see if it set to use the local time zone of the Call Manager. If it is the IP Communicator will display time in GMT.

Change the Call Manager date to use the 'system time zone' and this should correct the date time display issue with IP Communicator.

Message to dfogler:

I have IP Communicator v2.1.2 and CCM5.1.2. Device pool using the CMLocal that is GMT-4,Dayligth saving Time, Santiago. In Santiago we have Summer Time now, and really the time is 3 hour back the GMT now. The IP Phone display the correct time, but the IP Communicator display time in GMT. For example the CallManager OS and IP Phone display the 17:34 and the IP Communicator display the 20:34.

Can you Help me.?

Thanks.

Ensure that, no firewalls or access-list are inbetween the pc and CCM. I've read somewhere, the time synchronization was using a certain port.

Hope this helps

Hi all,

I also have this similar issue.

I have IP communicator v.2 and CCM 4.1(3). The IP phones display correct time(GMT-4),

however the soft phones dsiplay GMT time only.

I already create a new device pool for soft phones only, and set the time zhone to local time zone.

The soft phones still display GMT time, not local time(GMT-4).

Any more suggestion?

If the time synchronization was using a certain port, any details info. for it?

If your post is helpful,i will rate it.

Hi all,

I open a TAC case for it, the past year, and now, the IP Communicator V2.1.3, released January 31st resolved the GMT-4 issue. I test it and work fine!!

Iván.

Hi Ivan,

It looks IP communicator hits the following bug:

CSCsl72204 Bug Details

IP Communicator shows wrong time for Santiago(Chile) Time Zone

Symptom:

IPComm is displaying GMT time actually 3 hours more than the actual time in Santiago/Chile.

I will install IP Communicator V2.1.3 and let you know the results.

I appreciate your post, Ivan.

Howard

IP Communicator V2.1.3 is working perfectly.

Thanks, Ivan.

Howard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: