Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding HWIC-4ESW to ISR 2821 to Increase number of DMZs

beltrancal
Level 1
Level 1

Good day to all!

Would adding a HWIC-4ESW on my ISR 2821 router firewall add DMZ segments?

If so what are the things I need to do? Do I need to create a VLAN or something else?

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, adding an HWIC-4ESW will definitely add a DMZ segment. There is no necessity that you will have to create a vlan, but then it's not restricted creating vlan.

There is no much configuration needed apart from normal configuration

Hi, i have a similar problem.. can i asssociate the HWIC-4esw ports to one of the GE0/0 ; GE0/1 interfaces ? maybe using VLAN configuration?

thanks for any suggestions, as the Configuration docs are a little confusing.

carsten

Hi Folks,

after following endless number of links in countless IOS- crossreferences... its seems to be true > you can?t have 2 HWIC?s working independatly of each other i.e. you can?t team 1 HWIC-4esw to each of the GE0/x ports. how silly of the cisco engeniers to implement such a restriction. It would be sutch a nice and clean solution to set up GE0/0 as input and ge0/1 as output of the Router and expand the number of in/outputs using a HWIC4/9ESW e.g as DMZ-s - physicly separat hardware- but allas, >sigh< that?s been missed.

Now i will just have to use 1 hwic and divide it up using vlans.... terrible sigle point of failure condition!!

Maybe Cisco will do a better design in the future.

do your best

carsten

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card