Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding HWIC-4ESW to ISR 2821 to Increase number of DMZs

beltrancal
Level 1
Level 1

Good day to all!

Would adding a HWIC-4ESW on my ISR 2821 router firewall add DMZ segments?

If so what are the things I need to do? Do I need to create a VLAN or something else?

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, adding an HWIC-4ESW will definitely add a DMZ segment. There is no necessity that you will have to create a vlan, but then it's not restricted creating vlan.

There is no much configuration needed apart from normal configuration

Hi, i have a similar problem.. can i asssociate the HWIC-4esw ports to one of the GE0/0 ; GE0/1 interfaces ? maybe using VLAN configuration?

thanks for any suggestions, as the Configuration docs are a little confusing.

carsten

Hi Folks,

after following endless number of links in countless IOS- crossreferences... its seems to be true > you can?t have 2 HWIC?s working independatly of each other i.e. you can?t team 1 HWIC-4esw to each of the GE0/x ports. how silly of the cisco engeniers to implement such a restriction. It would be sutch a nice and clean solution to set up GE0/0 as input and ge0/1 as output of the Router and expand the number of in/outputs using a HWIC4/9ESW e.g as DMZ-s - physicly separat hardware- but allas, >sigh< that?s been missed.

Now i will just have to use 1 hwic and divide it up using vlans.... terrible sigle point of failure condition!!

Maybe Cisco will do a better design in the future.

do your best

carsten

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card