cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

network clock participate and clock source internal

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 NM-HDV T1 modules(total 4 t1s), 2*T1 configured for voice, the other 2*T1 configured as data T1. Now we see some slips on 1 of the data T1.We know that slip on data is not critical. We decided to add data t1 into network clock participate command so that it use the clock from voice T1. My question is:

there used to be clock source internal. I think if we use participate command, this command not needed. I believe this command is more for old ways. right?

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

the thing is that T1s connected to circuits should use external clock, lines locally connected should use internal or external depending on the connected equipment.

Then the config in which you are getting clock from one line to feed the other, is not said at all that would fix the problem.In theory, it would if and only the slipping circuit, has free running clock that is synchronous to the one used for feeding.

What paltform are you using ? At the end show network-clocks will tell you clock is routed in the box.

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

Try using "clock source line independent", if you have a 2-port VMIC-MFT and the T1s are from different providers that could possible explain the slips. One note if you do use this command you will have to remove any channelgroups you may have alread configured.

Check out this link for more clocking information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_configuration_guide09186a008007cf5f.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: