Views
Helpful
Replies

bundle of etherchanels

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

HI EXPERTS!

We can make a bandle of etherchanels(4 links)the first 3 are 1 gig each one;but the 4th 1 is 300M but the 300M is Runing on gig interface;can we form a bundle of etherchanels(4 links) here ow what?any help here!!!

10xs

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ali

Do you mean can you put all 4 links into one Etherchannel bundle ?

As far as i can see yes you should be able to. An etherchannel will form if all the ports have the same speed capabilities so if they are all gigabit capable i would think it would work.

You might not want to do this though as etherchannel load-balances across its links. 3 of your links are gigabit but the other one is 300Mbps.

How are you restricting the traffic on the 4th link to be 300Mbps ?

Jon

HI Jon!

1)Do you mean can you put all 4 links into one Etherchannel bundle ?

yes; the 4 link in Etherchannel bundle ;but i have 1 of this bandle 300M but runing on gig interface,because as you know:the speed is 10m;100m,1000g..can we form bandle of Etherchannel?

10xs

Hi Ali

Yes the etherchannel should form as all the switch sees are 4 gigabit connections. As long as you have checked the guidelines and restrictions and all the ports have the same capabilities i see no reason why it won't work.

HTH

Jon

HI Jon!

HI Jon!10xs for ur reply!!!

ALI

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

HI Sayeed,

I didnt get what do u mean by 300M.can u explain.If u want to have etherchannel u need to have all the ports in the same switch and they should have same configurations.

Thanks

Mahmood

HI Mahmoud!

300M it is a wirless Link terminated at GIG Interface;as u know the speed its 10;100;1000.

any comments

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card