cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME + CUE Service Module Failed

hatfieldm
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has a 2811 router with an NM-CUE module. Service-Module Service-Engine 1/0 status show the following:

Service Module is Cisco Service-Engine1/0

Service Module supports session via TTY line 66

Service Module is waiting for registration message

Service Module status is not available

I have tried to open a session with the service module and it says the session is open, but I get no output it just sits there. I have tried resetting the service module from another telnet session while the session is connected but to no avail. Is there anything that I can do to fix this without replacing the module? Thanks in advance for any help.

6 Replies 6

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That sounds pretty bad. Can you try to reset the card? The registration message is one of the first thing the card sends out if it's properly connected/functioning. You could do a 'debug scp packets' (maybe even 'deb scp all') on the router and reset the card and/or re-seat the card and see if you get anything. Otherwise it sounds like a faulty module.

I tried debug scp packets and I get opcode (0x11). The troubleshooting guide that I was reading didn't have that opcode listed.

0x11 means SERVICE_MODULE_PING it is sent from Router to module in order to test basic connectivity...

The service module seems to respond to the shutdown command and now shows status of "is Shutdown". Is there anything to be gained by reseating the module?

hi,

I had the same problem here. I put the service module in shutdown and restartet the complete ISR 28xx. After that I was able to telnet the service module again.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddb080c

Regards

Marc

Thanks. I actually got Cisco TAC involved and they recommended the same thing. Unity Express is back up and working with no lost data. WoooHooo! Thanks again to all that helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: