Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate device name is not allowed / common services 2.6

n.steffen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have changed the managment ip adresses. So when i add the device with the new ip address a popup window comes in the Device Management:Duplicate device name is not allowed. So i can not find this Duplicate device > popup: There are no search results generated for this value. Also in the advanced search i dosent find a duplicate device! whats the Problem? can i delete the no existing duplicate device in a other way?

pls help me, thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Assuming that both the display name and IP address are in fact unique, you should check the Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports > Devices that are not configured in ACS report to see if your devices are listed there. If they are, that means that they are in DCR, but are not visible since they have not been made TACACS+ clients of the ACS server with which LMS is integrated.

Therefore, you will need to add those devices as TACACS+ clients to your ACS server before they will show up in the device selectors.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You must have a device in DCR with the same display name as the one you are trying to add. You should not be adding new entries for existing devices even if the IP address is changing. Instead, edit the identities of the existing devices in DCR.

Basically, the attributes IP Address, Hostname, and Display Name must be unique within DCR.

Hi!

thanks for the answer but...when i go to:Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management and ad a new device with display name "cisco123" at the end of this procedure a pop up "duplicate display name" The problem is i dont find this device "cisco123" in: Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management Is there a database conflict? or can i delete device with cli commmands? thanks for your answer..

What other fields did you fill in for this device? Is your LMS server integrated with ACS?

i fill the display name and IP Address in the device properties fields. Yes the LMS server is integrated in ACS.

Assuming that both the display name and IP address are in fact unique, you should check the Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports > Devices that are not configured in ACS report to see if your devices are listed there. If they are, that means that they are in DCR, but are not visible since they have not been made TACACS+ clients of the ACS server with which LMS is integrated.

Therefore, you will need to add those devices as TACACS+ clients to your ACS server before they will show up in the device selectors.

Yes you have right but i see the device with the old ip address. In ACS the device is configured with the new ip address. its possible i must again configure the old ip address in ACS an then i can delete or change the device in DCR?

it works many thanks for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: