cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'show interface status error' equivalent in SNMP

joe.kusterer
Level 1
Level 1

Title says it, is there an SNMP variable that can be monitored that is the equivalent to the IOS CLI command "show interface status error" ?

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

About which device and IOS version are you asking?

Sorry about that. Right now I'm looking for our Catalyst 6500 boxes that are running, I believe, 12.2.something IOS. Would also be interested in the same for our 3750G switches.

I have a 6509, a 7606, and a 3750 all running different flavors of 12.2, and none of them have the command "show interface status error". What does the output look like?

I've always typed it as 'sh int statu err' and I just spelled it out for this conversation. Turns out, spelling it out was the wrong idea. Looks like it should be 'show interface status err'. Here's an example of the output...

105-W117>show interface status error

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

105-W117>show interface status err

Port Name Status Reason

Gi3/47 err-disabled psecure-violation

Gi7/42 err-disabled bpduguard

105-W117>

Hmmm, on looking further, the actual command appears to be 'show interface status err-disabled'.

All I'm trying to do is to use our very simple script that does SNMPGets every 10 minutes to let me know if any ports on a switch are in an 'err-disabled' state. I don't want to have to individually poll every port on every switch that I have. Once the script lets me know there's a problem, I'll go in to that switch to fix it.

Take a look at the CISCO-IF-EXTENSION-MIB. Particularly the cieIfStateChangeReason might provide this information for you. Ideally, the cieIfOperStatusCause would hold it, but this object is not yet supported on these platforms.

Thanks, I'll take a look

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco