cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daylight Saving Time on AS/5300

dianewalker
Level 1
Level 1

We have an AS/5300, running IOS version 12.2(2)XB12. By applying the command "clock summer-time PDT recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00", will it fix the Daylight Saving Time problem or do we need to apply the patch? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Diane

If you enter that command with those parameters then your AS5300 should change daylight savings time on the new dates and you would not need to apply patches or upgrade code to handle DST.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Is there a way to find out if DST has been changed on AS5300? Thanks.

Diane

I am not sure that I really understand what you are asking. But I believe that the answer is probably to use the show clock detail command. This will show what the source of time is (NTP or what) and if daylight savings has been enabled it will show what dates will be the start and end of daylight savings time. This works whether it is from the defaults in the code that you are running or from entering the optional parameters in the command.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

Thanks for your prompt response. Sorry for not making my question clear. You have answered my question. When I typed the command "show clock detail", it displayed

*00:34:36.216 UTC Wed Nov 15 2000

Time source is hardware calendar

Summer time starts 02:00:00 UTC Sun Mar 11 2001

Summer time ends 02:00:00 PDT Sun Nov 4 2001

So the DST time has been changed correctly on the AS/5300. Thanks very much again.

Diane

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: