cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

such a thing as easy phone reports?

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

We've got CCM 4.1(2) and I frequently have to give physical reports on particular phone extensions in our company.

The problem is, the only way I know of to get this report is to use CDR and search via the CDR->user/extension option. All this does is give us a confusing mess of numbers when all we really want to see is what telco number called a particular extension and when.

Now, I can clearly understand the CDR reports, but when I have to give these reports to non-technial managers, it usually always back fires.

Is there a better method of creating detailed reports (including the incoming calls orgination number) for a single phone extension? Maybe a way to import a CDR search into an Excel file? Maybe a way to extract only certain data from the CDR database?

Something easier then printing out pages and pages of reports just to see the incoming nubmer and it's destination?

thanks for any advice..

2 Replies 2

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

I dont think these is an option to get only the info u are looking for. But u can export the Data in csv format and then use Excel to modify the information. The option you need to use for this would be CDR/CMR Export. Check http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f52d9.html

Another alternative could be to use SQL Query Analyzer and get the information you are looking for. I'm not good with sql scripting so wont be able to give you the query you would need, but someone else should be able to give you the query

HTHs

econway
Level 1
Level 1

Syn-Apps, LLC has an application called Call Accounting that will accomplish this for you. Please visit our website at www.syn-apps.net for a free evaluation or contact us via email at sales@syn-apps.net or call 480-664-6071.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: