cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Environment/System Variables" in CUE 2.2 scripts?

subgenius
Level 1
Level 1

I'm somewhat competent with the CUE editor for 2.2, but I cannot find out how (if it is possible) to get 'system type' data into AA script variables. What is 'system type' data? Items such as the current time, IOS rev, CUE rev, and any other SNMP type data.

Why? I'm trying to setup a generated prompt that uses numbers from these types variables and reads them back to a caller via a few special menus.

Is this possible with 2.2 (or even the current version)?

-arg

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, none of that stuff can be accessed from a CUE script. The CUE scripting has a limited subset of CRA steps available to it and as such has some areas where it seems like there should be more but there really isn't (yet--even in 2.3 versions).

That's what I was afraid of. I was HOPING that since there were references to 'checking account numbers' as part of the generated prompt section in the CUE guides, one might be able to import external data.

This can probably be done in TCL, but I need to check if TCL scripts can run if a CUE script has been defined/is running on the NM-CUE module. My gut says "no."

You might want to ping someone on the account team with some more specifics about what you're trying to do. There is work being done on some additional packages for CUE that will allow some additional features, like accessing databases and such. It would help to know what your exact requirements are since this is still a bit in the future.