cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA between Dedicated T1 and L2L VPN

paulsa3598
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for ideas on how to have complete HA between a dedicated T1 and an L2L VPN over the internet.

We had discussed routing protocol OSPF but would like to avoid the converge issues that could rise and affect other customers in the same DMZ.

What would be our options if we do not want to use a routing protocol? How could we fail over to the backup line, the L2L, should the T1 fail. I had mentioned changing the metrics but this will not identify a problem on the line should the customers ethernet link goe down.

Feel free to include an ideas that would use routing protocols.

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Paul

Can you post back the topology of your network briefing out how the links are connected and the devices on which the links are connected ..

Also throw more clarity on the remote end devices as well as termination points over there..

regds

I had to revisit this configuration. I had decided since we are not going to use a routing protocol that a floating route between the T1 router and VPN is the best solution. although this should work if the router or Ethernet of the router goes down it should fail if the the Ethernet interface of the router, which has OSPF running between their network and our LAN, does not fail.

But it is not failing?

I have attached a diagram.

Can you use a separate instance of OSPF on the router with the backup link? So if you are running router ospf 1 on all of your devices, and say router ospf 101 on your backup link, 101 will not converge into 1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: