cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

forward voice mail message to off site email address

jamesfcoss
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 4.0(3) SR1 system. How can I forward a voice mail message from a group mailbox to an off site email address?

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'd do that with an internet subscriber - you setup the SMTP address of the internet subscriber to point at the off site mailbox you want (this assumes you have Exchange's SMTP gateway configured properly). You can then forward messages to that ineternet subscriber and/or have that internet subscriber setup as the message recipient for a call handler or interview handler or the like. Messages left for those handlers get forwarded as an email with attached WAV to the mail address configured.

OK. This looks promising. How do I configure the SMTP gateway properly. I'm a TDM switch guy trying to catch up. Thank you.

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

With VM only, this is not possible using Unity. But i think it would be possible using Exchange, provided the exchange server can send emails to a non-unity address. But AFAIK, this would be un-supported Config

This is incorrect - Unity VM only can absolutely do forwarding to an off box SMTP address - it's common in fact. Internet Subscribers are free (they have no local mailstore) and available on versions of Unity back into the 3.x line.

It's supported as well, of course.

Yeps, my bad, completely missed Internet Subscribers :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: