Point-to-point connection between to linksys

Unanswered Question
Feb 15th, 2007

I have Two Linksys WAP54G Wireless-G Access Point, is it possible to connect to two houses in mode bridge using these applainces,

I am thinking about buying an antenna Cisco Aironet 13.5dBi 2.4 GHz Yagi Mast Mount Antenna with RP-TNC Connector.

Some one who knows about this, that can help me?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
balajitvk Mon, 02/19/2007 - 20:43

Hi jamco,

Yes, You can... Linksys WAP54G has only three modes. These are, the basic access point mode and the wireless bridge mode ? point-to-point and point-to-multipoint.

The web interface does not specify whether the bridge mode is point-to-point or point-to-multipoint, as compared to the WAP11 device. Which makes sense, because you don't have to. If you enter only one MAC address, then it would be a point-to-point connection with another access point acting as a wireless bridge. If you enter more than one, then it's a point-to-multipoint wireless bridge connection ? less options, less clutter and a simpler interface.

If you're thinking of buying an access point to act as a wireless repeater or a wireless client, then WAP54G is not for you, as these modes are not present in the unit.

Hope this will help you!

Rate if it does,

Rgs

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode