voatm on MC3810

Unanswered Question
Feb 16th, 2007

I'd like to configure VoATM over AAL2 trunk. I have the following configuration:

Router A:

interface ATM0

no ip address

no atm ilmi-keepalive

pvc 0/100

vbr-rt 100 100 1

oam-pvc manage

encapsulation aal2

!

voice-port 1/1

!

voice-port 1/2

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 22

port 1/1

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 23

port 1/2

!

dial-peer voice 3 voatm

destination-pattern 11

called-number 2.

session protocol aal2-trunk

session target ATM0 pvc 0/100 9

codec aal2-profile ITUT 1 g711ulaw

Router B:

interface ATM0

no ip address

no atm ilmi-keepalive

pvc 0/100

vbr-rt 100 100 1

oam-pvc manage

encapsulation aal2

!

voice-port 1/1

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 11

port 1/1

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 2 voatm

destination-pattern 2.

called-number 11

session protocol aal2-trunk

session target ATM0 pvc 0/100 9

codec aal2-profile ITUT 1 g711ulaw

From phones on the router A I can call the destination pattern 11. But when I tried called the number 22 or 23 from the phone on the router B - the call is unsuccessful. The call signaling coming, but the called number doesn't match:-( When I changed called-number to 22 (on router A) - the call is successful from 11 to 22. Thank you for your help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ivillegas Thu, 02/22/2007 - 06:55

This pattern is used to match dialed digits to a dial peer.The dial peer is then used to complete the call. When a router receives voice data, it compares the called number (the full E.164 telephone number) in the packet header with the number configured as the destination pattern for the voice-telephony peer. The router then strips out the left-justified numbers corresponding to the destination pattern. If you have configured a prefix, the prefix is appended to the front of the remaining numbers, creating a dial string, which the router then dials. If all numbers in the destination pattern are stripped-out, the user receives a dial tone.Refer URL http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/voip/valid_dial_peers.html for more information

Actions

This Discussion