cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

handling script errors while using the placed call step

bphelps
Level 2
Level 2

I have a script that is activated by a jtapi trigger. At some point places the caller on hold, makes a call using the Place Call step, plays a prompt and then terminates the call.

If the trigger contact (first caller) hangs up while the phone for the second contact is ringing, when the second contact answers the phone it plays the default script or "Sorry we are currently experiencing system problems."

Here's what I have done (unsuccessfully) to try getting around it: changed the default script for the application (not sure why that doesn't work. This logic is called in a subflow, perhaps that is the problem?), placed a Terminate step for the second contact under the Unsuccessfuly step of Place Call, put in a bunch of On Error Goto steps which go to a Terminate step for the second contact.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Brandon, when the original caller hangs up, an "exception" will be thrown.

In order to catch this, put in the "On Exception GoTo" step > choose the ContactInactiveException > Choose the label you want the call to go to in the script > clear the exception (on exception clear step) and then play your .wav file (sorry, the party hung up..blah, blah) > then terminate.

that should git'r done.

pleae rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Brandon, when the original caller hangs up, an "exception" will be thrown.

In order to catch this, put in the "On Exception GoTo" step > choose the ContactInactiveException > Choose the label you want the call to go to in the script > clear the exception (on exception clear step) and then play your .wav file (sorry, the party hung up..blah, blah) > then terminate.

that should git'r done.

pleae rate helpful posts.

I had a similar situation and this tip works perfectly. You'll need to choose ContactInactiveException in your On Exception Clear step, also.