cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

globally setting a variable via phone

gbwatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Instead of having to go into the appadmin page to set a holiday variable to true, does anyone know how to set the variable via phone. I would like to wrtie a short script to allow a supervisor to call into the system and record a new holiday greeting and then set the main application script holiday variable to true.

5 Replies 5

mmelbourne
Level 5
Level 5

You can store the holiday variable in an XML file. That way, it can be accessible globally to a number of applications, if required. I have a contact centre maintenance script which uses this principle to store the state of the contact centre (normal, open or closed), so the supervisor can call in to the maintenance application and either close or open it (or return it to normal operation).

The XML file also stores a second variable which is used to determine whether a "message of the day" should be played.

Please rate helpful posts.

Matthew,

Would you be willing to send me a copy of the script and xml file as I have never written anything like that? I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff

Any chance of seeing an example you may have on this one?

Sure, have a look at the postings in this thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Contact%20Center&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddc1e86/3#selected_message

The script was written for IPCC 3.5 originally, but I can post a version 4.0 script if it helps. All that changed was how the document was uploaded to the Repository.

Please rate helpful posts.

toddmmccall
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a solution using an Avaya platform.

1) User dials 1001 that launches a vector in the PBX. Announce the function of this dialed nubmer then prompt the user for their password. With valid input, do an adjunct step to ICM.

2) Dialed number 1001 launches your holiday variable script.

3) DN node grabs the 1001 call and an IF checks the Call.CallerEnteredDigits to see if they match the numeric password.

4) When IF node returns TRUE, a Set node changes your holiday variable, then routes to a PBX announcement speaking the success. A FALSE from the IF node routes to PBX a announcement that plays failure message and disconnects the caller.

5) The reason the DN node is in the beginning of the script is so that you can use the same script, and the DN will tell you where you are at in the process of turning on the hoiday variable script. This example only has one part.

Credit to John Bushay for his design. (He used regions to check the calling line ID to ensure authenticity of the caller)

;-)

-Todd-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: