CME - Can Monitor Line button display name rather than DN?

Unanswered Question
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Fri, 02/16/2007 - 13:48

Hi Mike,

Have you tried applying Labels (Text Name) as suggested below?

Label Support

The label support feature controls the display adjacent to an ephone-dn line button. By default, an IP phone displays the extension number that is set using the number command under an ephone-dn. The label support feature allows you to enter a meaningful text string for each ephone-dn so that a phone user with multiple lines can select a line by name instead of by phone number, thus eliminating the need to consult in-house phone directories.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. ephone-dn dn-tag

2. label label-string

3. exit

4. ephone phone-tag

5. restart

6. exit

label label-string

Example: Router(config-ephone-dn)# label user1

Creates a custom label that is displayed on the phone next to the line button that is associated with this ephone-dn. The custom label replaces the default label, which is the number that was assigned to this ephone-dn.

label-string String of up to 30 alphanumeric characters that provides the label text.

From this good CME doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad7ff.html#wp2177784

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

I appreciate the reply. I was hoping not to have to do it at the ephone-dn level so I wouldn't change the "primary owner"'s DN line label. I was hoping to just change it on the Receptionist's phone's monitor lines. But, if there is not a way, then I will change the label text on the ephone-dn.

Thanks again for your reply!

Mike.

Actions

This Discussion