cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAN Addressing

Arvind kumar
Level 1
Level 1

I have an assignment to design two networks for two different offices which will have different Internet gateways, VPN networks and different LAN users having there own routers and switches. But the two different offices will have common proxy server & Mail server for Internet. How should I design the LAN IP addressing such that they will have access to the same proxy server and mail server. They will have different WAN IP for accessign Internet. Pls help

4 Replies 4

Arvind kumar
Level 1
Level 1

can I have two different networks plugged in one same switch & what are pros and cons of this. pls hlp

Hi, With the help of vlan you can do this. Please rate me if this help. Need more info just give me brief detail of ur requirement.

Ninja

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

If you are doing proper routing between both of the branches.

It will look proxy server ans mail server both. No need to worry.

About internet, you have two branches..Branch-A and Branch-B correct.

Now Brach-A has Proxy and Mail server correct...... You need to configure at branch-B, is that You have to give at PC end Gateway router's ethernet interface IP and in PROXY SETTING (INTERNET EXPLORER SETTINGS) indicate proxy IP.

So, when user will access the internet, IE setting will lookup for proxy IP. PC will Contact to Proxy and forwered traffic to internet by using proxy.

That is regardless which private IP address you are using.

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

Branch A has proxy & Mail server with 2 lan cards, one with public IP & another with LAN IP. Now Branch B has to share the same proxy/Mail server but they will have their own Internet gateway. That means I need to add another LAN card. How the Branch B LAN & public IP configured on the Mail/proxy server. pls help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card