Views
Helpful
Replies

877W router with Webserver inside - Strange Problem

onlize111
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a strange problem and I cannot understand what is going on here. I hope that someone could help me.

I configured 877W router. Setup Firewall and NAT. I setup access from outside for my PCAnywhere workstation and for my Webserver. PCAnywhere and Webserver are located on a local LAN interface.

I cannot connect to the PCAnywhere at all. Something interesting is happening with the Webserver. I can connect to some basic pages with words only, for example page has a phrase ?Hello, this is a test?. If I try to open pages with some graphics on them, it cannot find the page. I cannot connect to ports 25, 80, or 110 on the Webserver (These ports are configured on the Firewall and configured with NAT).

Because I can connect to basic web pages, I am sure that NAT and firewall are configured correctly.

What can it be? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Igor L. Kravchenko.

3 Replies 3

onlize111
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I decided to attach my config file. Hope that this will help you to help me. :)

Thank you.

Igor Kravchenko.

kaachary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Does telnet to the webserevr on port 80, 110 works ?

If yes, then it is most likely be a packet size issue. O\Try reducing MSS on the LAN interface.

int vlan1

ip tcp adjust-mss 1400

exit

lower down the value, by 100 bytes till you get better results.

HTH,

-Kanishka

Thank you for your reply.

I can telnet to the ports 80 and 110. I cannot telnet to port 25.

I tried to lower MSS. The lowest that it would allow me to do was 552 but it did not help. I have the same problem.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Igor Kravchenko.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: