ws-ce500-24pc with ip telephone

ohalaweh8
Level 1
Level 1

I have this configuration:

Cisco 2851-ccme/k9 1 unit

ws-ce500-24pc 4 units

IP Telephonr mixed 76 units

the problem every day the network will hang-up if i restart the switch the IP system will work .

note i am connect all my network desktop systems with the telephone

please tell me what's the problem

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please tell us exactly what "hang-up"

the exactly hang-up in the core switch ws-ce500-24pc

I had a very siimilar problem and using Cisco Network Assitant had noticed some extreme CPU spikes (99%). The original CE500 code had IP ARP inspection turned on which apparently dogged the CPU. I upgraded code, which had IP ARP inspection turned off) and now the CPU hums at 4%.

The CE500 code that I had experienced extremely high CPU spikes with (apparently due to IP APR inspection) was 12.2.25-FY.

My fix was loading 12.2.25-SEG2.

Mike.

Thanks Mike but when I check with one local SE Engineer he said the exact problem from the over load on the CE500-24pc because this switch is serve the network and the IP System, as what I said before and he told me to replace the CE500 with3560

Please verify the best solution for me

I believe the SE is in error, is impossible to overload a cisco switch in practice. beside, the switches are explicitly sold to support telephones and data at the same time.

However the first step is alway to upgrade to the latest code release and try again.

yes my dear,

we install the latest update for the SE the system now runing ok after we make the upgrade.

Dear all,

Now all SE switchs are runing without any hang

but yeterday and today whent the technical person from cisco in our place configure the Cisco 2851-ccme/k9 with additional feturs like voice mail and the ring after tow hang happends in the router not in the switches what do you think the solution to solve this issue please?

Best regards

Sorry,

what CME/IOS code are running, again ? What is that hangs and how have you diagnosed that? Are you familiar enough to work with network stuff if you are being helped, the technician can always use this site to ask questions if unsure.