cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't ping the ip address that I assigned to a vlan

277summitave
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 6506 that is one of my ciores switches in company. I ran into some UDLD issues when psanning tree detected a loop and disabled all the fiber interfaces in my datacnet. Nevethless, nos that I have disabled udld my management vlan 99 = 10.1.99.x/24 is having issues and I can't the ip address of 10.1.99.1/24 on my 6505 switch. My first step was recreating the vlan (no workie) then assign a different ip (no workie). Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Is u SVI interface up.there should be atleast one port active in a vlan to bring the vlan svi to up state.

Thanks

Mahmood

Interestingly enough I have called Cisco support on this issue and found that while the vlan has been there (in the config startpu and current), the vlan was not in the vlan database. All that was required for me to do to get this to work was to:

switch# int vlan 9

that was it!!! amazing.It create the vlan in the vlan database - which I though had already existed. I hope this email helps some who can't figure out why a vlan that exists can be pinged.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: