Installing devices updates in multi server LMS environment

Unanswered Question
Feb 18th, 2007

Hi

I am going through the process of checking for software updates in our LMS environment. We have 3 Windows 2003 servers running the various applications.

I notice that there is a Common Services MDF package 1.18 available now which is later than the version installed on our 3 servers.

In the past when I have upgraded I have just worked my way through the servers, starting with the server that is the master database. I also do the upgrade through CiscoWorks Sowftware Center.

I want to know if other people that have a multi server environment do things in a similar way, or whether I need to do something different.

Regards

Jeff

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Sun, 02/18/2007 - 16:01

While I wouldn't call a TAC lab a true multi-server environment, we do have multiple servers running LMS 2.6. What I do when I need to upgrade the servers is download all available updates through Common Services Software Center, then put them on our file server, and do the installations from a central, local location. This saves quite a bit of time, even for a network that has a good connection to Cisco.com.

FYI, we have started our February Incremental Device Support push. We published a slew of RME device packages to Cisco.com as well as the DFM 2.0.8 update. You might consider pulling these down in addition to the MDF 1.18 update.

Actions

This Discussion