Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing devices updates in multi server LMS environment

Jeff Law
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am going through the process of checking for software updates in our LMS environment. We have 3 Windows 2003 servers running the various applications.

I notice that there is a Common Services MDF package 1.18 available now which is later than the version installed on our 3 servers.

In the past when I have upgraded I have just worked my way through the servers, starting with the server that is the master database. I also do the upgrade through CiscoWorks Sowftware Center.

I want to know if other people that have a multi server environment do things in a similar way, or whether I need to do something different.

Regards

Jeff

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While I wouldn't call a TAC lab a true multi-server environment, we do have multiple servers running LMS 2.6. What I do when I need to upgrade the servers is download all available updates through Common Services Software Center, then put them on our file server, and do the installations from a central, local location. This saves quite a bit of time, even for a network that has a good connection to Cisco.com.

FYI, we have started our February Incremental Device Support push. We published a slew of RME device packages to Cisco.com as well as the DFM 2.0.8 update. You might consider pulling these down in addition to the MDF 1.18 update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: