cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless router with catalyst 2955 config

martin514
Level 1
Level 1

I we try to communicate with PLC via a wireless router linksys model:WRT54G. 2x Catalyst switch = 2955. Do you know if this router cannot work with those switch or how we can use this router?

thank you!

Martin

1 Reply 1

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

If you left the linksys in firewall mode (as opposed to gateway) it will likely block your connection to a PLC. You can configure it as a gateway, but then you would have to point to the new subnet with your default gateway on the PLC network or directly to the linksys as the gateway. What you may want to try is to connect the 2955 switch to the switch side of the linksys, i.e not the Internet labeled port. Then you will have to make sure the DHCP side of the linksys won't interfere with anything on the PLC network and that the addresses are on the same subnet.

I have not set up any like this, but it should work.

This is one of the reasons the Cisco AP's are more suited for this kind of environment, but I have a few of the linksys myself.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card