cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 Fan Part Number

edmond.chiu
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know whether Cisco has part number for the large fan in 2811. I know p/n for small fan is already there, but I can't find any for large one( I think it s fan 3).

11 Replies 11

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know the answer to your question, but would like to know myself. I have a couple of 2811s that keep complaining about the fan stopping and starting. Mine are not very old so I am not impressed with the longevity of these fans. I don't really want to change the whole unit out to fix a fan problem.

By the way, I spent 23 years with happy people myself - got axed after the merger with Compaq. I had a roommate from Sydney while in Cupertino for 11 weeks of training (1979) - long time ago.

Randy

Dear Edmond,

Can u send us the output of show environment all?

aman

Although I cannot see any relation with the p/n I am after,

Here it is teh output from a good router

Router#sh environment all

Main Power Supply is AC

Fan 1 OK

Fan 2 OK

Fan 3 OK

System Temperature: 21 Celsius (normal)

Environmental information last updated 00:00:01 ago

Please see atachment for sh diag output.

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Edmond,

Please paste the output of " Show diag "

-amit singh

Dear Edmond,

I was trying to find out which particular fan has gone faulty. Since u are suspecting Fan3 . this is the fan which is connected to power supply while the other two are connected to Motherboard.

I am having 2811 router with me , I have tried to open router but could not find any part code written on either of fans.

I think u need to replace the whole chassis .

aman

Hi Edmond,

The below link will help you to find the part number. I am sure it will help other friends also.

http://www.cisco.com/public/scc/compass/index.html

Regards

S. Shantharam

I still cannot locate the Cisco p/n for fan 3.

Thanks for the link info, it is a very useful tool for Cisco parts.

Cheers

jhapu
Level 1
Level 1

From Cisco

ACS-2811-FAN-1/2=  CISCO2811 FAN #1 and FAN #2 Field Replacement Unit   USD 25.00

ACS-2811-FAN-3=      CISCO2811 FAN #3 Field Replacement Unit                      USD 25.00

From 3rd party

http://www.magnaroute.com/products/Cisco_2811_Router_Fan_Kit-17-0.html

Ashok Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please advise diffrence between ACS-2811-FAN-1/2  &  ACS-2811-FAN-3  , As I see both identical.

Thanks,

Ashok Kumar

FAN 1 and 2 is usually a Sunon KDE1204PKVX or a NMB 1608KL-04W, these are the stats:

Size: 40x40x20 mm

Rated Voltage: 12V

Input Current: 0.12A

Input Power: 1.4W

Speed: 8200 RPM

Max Air Flow: 10.8 CFM

Max Air Pressure: 6.9 mmH2O

FAN 3 is either a DELTA FFB0412VHN, a NMB 1611KL-04W or a Sunon PMD120PQB1-A, these are the stats:

Size: 40x40x28 mm

Rated Voltage: 12V

Operation Voltage: 4.5V - 13.2V

Input Current: 0.16A (0.24A MAX)

Input Power: 1.92W (2.88W MAX)

Speed: 9500 RPM

Max Air Flow: 15.79 CFM

Max Air Pressure: 12.94 mmH2O

You can use any FAN that have the same specs, but be aware Cisco changed the pin configuration so you need to adjust it accordingly. I got a few stock Sunon MagLev GM1204PQV1-8A and they are perfect match for FAN 3, you just need to swap the Black and Red cable on the connector and they have been working flawlessly on my Cisco 2811 routers.

Using any 40x40mm FAN that fits will cause throuble if either Air Flow or the Speed are slower than the specs or if the

pin configuration does not match the Cisco OEM part.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: