Serverlicense in CCM5.0 does not "kick in"

Unanswered Question
Feb 19th, 2007

I have a problem with a new server due to RMA. The first server did not have this problem to my knowledge. This is at the customersite.

After loading the licensefile for the callmanager itself we could see that all services was down.

We then tried to activate the Callmanager service but received the error "Update failed for this

service. Cisco Callmanagerfile not loaded" even though we loaded it ten minutes earlier.

When looking in the License Unit Report you can see the following:

Licenses Available = 1, Used = 0 on all licenses, both the units-licenses and the server-license.

The units-licenses I can understand since no phones has been configured,

but why is the Server-license in the same status?

I guess that's why the service-activation thinks that the file isn't loaded.

Brgds, Johan

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
mchandak Mon, 02/19/2007 - 08:23

which server was replaced ?? Was it the Publisher or a Subscriber. Also, you should have a different License file for the Nodes. So, 1 should be for the Units and other for Nodes.

Also, incase the Publisher was replaced, you will have to get the License file regenerated as it is bound to the MAC Address

a.gooding Fri, 03/02/2007 - 07:57

guys having a similar issue. loaded all licenses and seeing used 1 unsed 2 for nodes. i have one pub one sub. everything is replicating but when i test the failover, it dissapears ie users, css etc.

any ideas?

ccm5.0(4)

a.gooding Fri, 03/02/2007 - 08:37

am on it as we speak and all services are started. im assuming its a licensing issue. here is the scenario

all services started on both systems. test phones are registered and calling.

when i attempt to failover to the sub, the phones are stuck in registering. when i check the sub my calling seach spaces are gone as well as all my users. i reconnect the pub and they all appear as usual.

i check the licensing report and it says that only one node used and two are free.

License Server Units Authorized Units 3

Used 1

Units Remaining 2

Total Units for Feature

Auth 3

Used 1

remaining 2

a.gooding Fri, 03/02/2007 - 09:07

guys,

i probably need a break. service was deactivated, dont ask, and lets just keep this one "under the carpet"

johan.a Fri, 03/02/2007 - 09:45

In my case it was the customer that put the hostname to the localhost (127.0.0.1) address. After changing that one it worked.

Actions

This Discussion