Views
Helpful
Replies

Transcoding: MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailable

guilhem.perez
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i would like to configure dsp to do transcoding for conference between Region1 and Region2.

I open a meet-me conference in region1.

I use G729 between Region1 Conference Bridge and Region 2.

So, I configure this on Region 2 gw:

voice-card 0

no dspfarm

dsp services dspfarm

sccp local GigabitEthernet0/0

sccp ccm X.X.X.X identifier 2 priority 2

sccp ccm X.X.X.X identifier 1 priority 1

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

bind interface GigabitEthernet0/0

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate ccm 2 priority 2

associate profile 1 register CONFCHATRES

associate profile 2 register TRANSCODE

!

dspfarm profile 1 conference

description conference

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

codec g729br8

maximum sessions 4

associate application SCCP

!

dspfarm profile 2 transcode

description transcode G729-G711

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

codec g729br8

maximum sessions 6

associate application SCCP

!

I add a IOS Media Termination Point Transcoder in CCM and add it in Region 2 Media Resource Group.

When I try to connect a region2 phone to a conference started in region1, I have the following error:

Error: MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailable - No more MTP resources available.

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Node ID: X.X.X.X

Explanation: MTP resource is not available.

Recommended Action: Install additional MTP or transcoder resources..

Does somebody see what is wrong?

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

daljeetsingh1_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

This is a common error when CCM dont get Resources to do transcoding or MTP is unavailable.

What is the Topology.? what is the call flow?

I hope your Hardware Transcoder is register on callManager and you have used MRG/MRGL's and assigned it to the DP where these phones are.

What is the model of router? and how many PVDM's or DSP's are there on the router?

If not that you need to add your Hardware MTP resources in MGR and Put that MRG in MGRL and assign it to the DP.

See if this helps or collect the ccm detailed traces.

Regds,

Daljeet

CCM is in local site.

The Local Conference bridge is in Region 1.

The remote gw (Cisco 2851) is in Region2.

Between Region 1 and 2 we use G729.

I use PVDM on gw (I add a Cisco IOS Transcoder in CCM administration (is it ok or should I use a hardware transcoder?)).

It registers fine on CCM.

I add the transcoder in the MGR of the Device pool using Region 2 ( I let CCM MTP, should I remove it?)

Thanks

Pls confirm you have hardware MTP with " Cisco IOS Enhanced Software Media Termination Point"

and Transcoder "Cisco IOS Enhanced Media Termination Point "

And MTP is checked on the gateway which is added for making outgoing calls to different region?

I am signing off for the day and will see this tomorrow morning.

Hi,

I've just added Transcoder "Cisco IOS Enhanced Media Termination Point. I use local CCM local MTP in MRG.

Should I add a MTP with " Cisco IOS Enhanced Software Media Termination Point"?

I don't understand what I need to do when you ask me if MTP is checked on the gateway which is added for making outgoing calls to different region.

Thanks

Hi,

Just want to ask if you already resolved this issue, because im also having problem with the DSP resource. In my case I configure my the maximum session into 48 but when I do a testing it only allow 2 simultaneous call and the third call cannot go through you cannot hear any rings and voice when the other party answer the call.

Thanks

Hi,

I had this issue because I was not doing transcoding on the right router.

Transcoding is necessary on local (same location as ccm)router.

Conference is necessary on distant router.

I don't know if you've this issue.

Hello,

You need to do what Daljeet said. Check the MTP required box. On the CCM administrator page, go to device->gateway and then go to the gateway where transcoding resources are configured. On the page check the Media Termination Point Required checkbox. I hope this helps.

Regards

Rathish

after this you need to update and reset the gateway. But calls are going to get dropped. Do it during non production hours.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,Yes I already check the MTP at the gateway CCCM administration. But anyway is now ok I just change the transcoder configuration from ios media termination point to enhance media termination point and restart the gateway and after that its ok. but what is the difference or when will you use ios media termination point?

thanks

Regards

charlie

An H.323 gateway does not have capabilities by itself to put calls on hold, transfer, make conference calls, etc.

If you want a Media Termination Point to implement features that H.323 does not support (such as hold and transfer), you need to check the check box.

You should use this check box only for H.323 clients and H.323 devices that do not support the H.245 Empty Capabilities Set message.

If you check this box to require an MTP and this device becomes the endpoint of a video call, the call operates as audio only.

That's why after checking that check box it worked fine and now we have those features in the H.323 gateway.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: