wireless acess point

Unanswered Question
Feb 19th, 2007

Hi, i have a problem with my aironet 1231 access point. i have ssids mapped to vlans which have static wep keys- however i created an ssid which has no security and mapped it onto a vlan i want to use for internet access only. problem is that on the configuration webpage it shows the ssid as having no security but when i try to connect through a client pc, the ssid is shown to have a wep key. how do i sort this out, i have tried reconfiguring it but after a while it reoccurs. has anyone seen this before?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
brispin Fri, 02/23/2007 - 06:45

When the access point configuration is at factory defaults, the first SSID that you create using the Express security page overwrites the default SSID, tsunami, which has no security settings. The SSIDs that you create appear in the SSID table at the bottom of the page. You can create up to 16 SSIDs on the access point. On dual-radio access points, the SSIDs that you create are enabled on both radio interfaces.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802080bd.html

Actions

This Discussion