Views
Helpful
Replies

Privilege level commands

jasonbailey80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure the privilege levels for a bunch of commands to users.

So how does this work..

If I create 10 commands on Privilege 2 and 10 commands on privilege 2 and 10 commands on privilege 3 and assign them to the various users, what will be the default for the rest of the commands.

Thanks

Jason

5 Replies 5

jasonbailey80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

With continuance to the above message..

could someone also specify the difference between the "all" usage and not using it.

For example.

show privilege level 7 show ip

and

show privilege all level 7 show ip

Thanks

Jason

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Once you create different privilege levels and define the commands to be executed under them you can create level 15 also which can be used to execute all the commands..

By default privilege level 15 will have the rights to execute all the commands.

Or else you can have enable secret created to which you can switch on from the privilege levels you have created to execute all the commands...

regds

so basically you define different enable secret commands that are linked to different privilege levels.

when you want to change to a different level what would you do?

Do you have to log out of the device and log in with a different level password or is there is a command to change while you are logged in as a diff privileged user

thanks for you help

Jason

Hi Jason

You will have only one enable secret and enable password configured in your router.

You wont be able to configure different enable secret or password for different privilege levels.

For switch over between different privilege levels you try giving disable on the prompt and try login command which will give you a new prompt where you can login with different privilege level..

regds

Ok let me get this straight...

i am the admin and i have pri level 15 so i can access all commands

now i give my junior a diff level with some commands that he can access. but since he has the necessity to use other commands i create another user and link it with another pri level.

is that right or am i missing something here

Thanks

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: