cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco support for the UK DASS signalling protocol on CCME ?

arrowdawn
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who currently has an old Meridian PBX that has a DASS (G.703) connection to the PSTN with 9 channels. I wish to replace this with a 2821-CCME.

Does Cisco support PSTN connectivity with DASS/G.703 using CCME and a VWIC2-1MFT-G703? If so can you please point me to any configuration guides.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot support DASS on CME.

Whilst signalling converters are available from third parties such as Westell, they are expensive and not really worth the hassle.

You need to get the service upgraded to ISDN 30 / I.421.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

This would be configured as a H.323 Gateway on the CME Router. It is not CME which would be handling the signalling, but H.323. So, you should look at H.323 Configuration on the router. It should be the same config as a H.323 PRI

Actually, if the 2821/CCME simply replaces the PBX, thre is no H.323 in this picture.

Arrowd, I think thye are using and ISDN PRI circuit. All ISDN PRI circuits are inherently G.703 because this is the standard that defines the physical interface.

H.323 is in the picture and cannot be removed expect for if ur using a SIP Trunk. CCME cannot control a Gateway. You might not realize it, but the protocol running on the backend would be H.323

mchandak,

Honestly I don't know what makes you believe that.

1) the main protocol/standards used on ISDN PRI are from bottom to top, G.703, G.704, Q.921 and Q.931, no matter if you have H.323, SIP, MGCP or SCCP as VoIP signaling protocol.

2) CCME can perfectly "control" a gateway using any of above protocol except MGCP.

3) In the original question, there is no gateway/backend, just one single CCME router.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

arrowdawn,

the VWIC2-1MFT-G703 is meant for data circuits using E1 unframed clear channel.

A VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 is needed.

See:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml

Please rate useful posts.

PETER NEGUS
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot support DASS on CME.

Whilst signalling converters are available from third parties such as Westell, they are expensive and not really worth the hassle.

You need to get the service upgraded to ISDN 30 / I.421.

Thanks pnequs!

That was the answer I was looking for! BT have quoted ?90 (?10 per channel) to upgrade.

Thats what I am going to do.

Cheers,

Gordon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: