cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

apache tomcat VPN security issue

epiazzasbs
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a local apache tomcat server (5.5.20) on my development laptop. I need to VPN into my customers network to gain access to their database using Cisco iPass VPN. I am able to run all of my web apps while I am NOT logged into the network through localhost. However, once I VPN into the network to gain access to the database, I am no longer able to see my web applications through localhost. It is giving me an error "You are not authorized to view this page". I am assuming that I have not configured my tomcat security settings properly to work while using iPass VPN to access the network. I do not have a lot of experience setting up tomcat servers so please excuse me if this is a simple problem. With that said, if anyone has run into a similar problem, or knows a solution to this problem, I would be curious to know how to fix it.

2 Replies 2

I found the solution to my problem. I needed to change my proxy settings in IE to allow the page to be viewed while VPN'd in.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: